Thursday, November 23, 2023

Module Reflection

 

Module learning

As mentioned in my self-introduction, my weakness is public speaking, and my goal is to be a confident speaker. To me, public speaking is an ordeal to me, it involves taking a few steps out of my comfort zone. However, after attending this module, I could say that I have evolved into a relatively confident speaker through activities like oral presentation and reading out loud from the screen to my classmates. All these slowly built up my confidence level. Other than confidence, some other skills that I took away was the articulation of voice and the posture of speaking.

Before taking this module, I had minimal exposure to writing reports. This module served as a refresher as well as a foundation for my future language modules. One of the most notable takeaways in this module is the use of citation. Information is readily available online but when we retrieve them, we do not know how to properly credit them. Throughout this module, the prof had been emphasizing the importance of citing the source.

The challenge I faced in this module was the stringent datelines given for assignments like reader response and technical report on top of tutorial assignments from other modules. These assignments were tedious and required a meticulous amount of research and understanding before an initial draft. Especially for technical report, which involved us coming up with a proposed solution. Nonetheless, completing this module gave me a huge sense of accomplishment.

Project learning

In addition to the background information we needed to obtain prior to drafting the report, communication with my teammates was the hardest part. Everyone has their own opinions and ideas they wanted to write. Since we delegated each member to do a portion of the report, the grammar and flow of the report was not consistent. Furthermore, I had to consistently ask my teammates to upload their part so that I could edit and paraphrase them. However, they have their own commitments and that gave me a very hard time. I also had reservations in making changes as some might misunderstand what I am doing. On a brighter note, the presentation portion of the report was relatively enjoyable. Everyone was clear on what pointers they should present and that made the whole presentation very smooth. We rehearsed on Zoom Meeting twice however, physically presenting in front of all my classmates was a different ball game. It involved techniques like posture and articulation.

Overall, I had a very positive experience and I hoped I could fully utilize what I have learnt in my future workplace.

1 comment:

Summary/Reader Response Draft 4

  Electric Vehicles   The electrifying technology behind Electric Vehicles (EVs), specifically Tesla models, have significantly driven t...